Report on Patient Privacy
Report on Patient Privacy (RPP) monitors and analyzes big- and small-dollar settlements coming out of the Office for Civil Rights, probes the headline-grabbing breaches that rattle our world, and informs you about the emerging threats and trends in security. The information it provides helps reduce an organization’s chances of a costly HIPAA security breach and limit liability were a breach to occur.
View the below sample articles on HCCA's compliance portal, COSMOS:
- Under New Settlement, Ambulance Co. Pays OCR $65K, Must Quickly Encrypt Computers
- OCR Warns Against 'Neglecting' Encryption As Hospital Pays $3M for Loss of Mobile Devices
As a subscriber to RPP, you’ll receive:
- 12 issues annually delivered electronically and by First-Class Mail
- 12 non-live Continuing Education Units (CEUs) per year toward certification by the Compliance Certification Board (CCB)®
- Access to a subscriber-only website with a searchable library of past issues
- A discounted subscription rate (if you are also an HCCA member)
Annual subscription is $485 for members; $565 for non-members
Already Subscribed? View Current Issue Here
You will need to sign on again to view the current issue.
Meet Report on Patient Privacy's Editor
Theresa is well-versed in the ethical and compliance issues facing researchers and institutions, having worked for an academic medical center affiliated with a major midwestern university and having written hundreds of articles based on research studies. A veteran health care journalist and writer, Theresa has been based in Washington, D.C., since 1989.