The virtual conference times are listed in Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)
Friday, June 12
08:25 AM - 08:30 AMWelcome and Announcements
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMA Year in Review - Key Developments In Research Compliance and Regulation James Riddle, Vice President, Institutional Services, Advarra
- Stay informed on the most recent compliance and regulatory developments related to research.
- Be prepared for upcoming changes in FDA research regulations.
- Take home a checklist of compliance action items for your organization.
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMBreak
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMPrivacy Impact Analysis Assessments - What’s New? Leeann Habte, Partner, Best, Best ,& Krieger, LLC Shirley Komoto, Risk Advisory Services, Senior Manager, BDO Pegah Parsi, Campus Privacy Officer, UC San Diego
- Changes to the data privacy laws that impact your privacy impact analysis - GDRP, CPCA
- Don’t forget the IoT and connected devices!
- Structuring your privacy impact analysis
- Embedding privacy compliance in your business operations
10:45 AM - 11:00 AMBreak
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMPost-acute and Hospital Perspectives Compliance Challenges Jonathon Redden, Chief Operating Officer, optum Lori Laubach, Partner , Moss Adams, LLP Tamila Johnson , SVP and Chief Compliance Officer, Kindred Healthcare
- Hospital and sub-acute facility partnerships
- Definition of Continuum of care and what does this mean to the both health care systems (hospital and post-acute)
- Challenges in order to reduce readmissions or continual transfers of care
- Increased attention and challenges surrounding regulatory compliance - what is that 8th and potential 9th element
- How can compliance officers be proactive?
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMLunch Break
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMInvestigations - What Compliance Officers Need to Know Christie Moon, Attorney, Sutter Health
- Attorney Client and Other Investigative Privileges
- Investigation Planning & Strategy - Your Checklist
- Investigating in Collaboration with other Health Care Teams
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMBreak
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMCMS Update Mary Greene, Senior Advisor, OA , Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMBreak
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMLegal and Regulatory Update Stephanie Johnson, Partner, King & Spalding, LLP
Agenda subject to change.