Friday, September 25
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMResearch and Big Data Carl McKinley, Privacy and Compliance Officer, Regenstrief Institute
- What are your concerns about using AI in healthcare?
- How is AI already being used in healthcare?
- What do you want compliance to understand about AI?
- What is bias in AI and how does bias effect AI?
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMBreak
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMTelehealth: The New Normal Nicholas Merker, Partner, Ice Miller
- How health care professionals are adapting away from the in-person visit and to telehealth from a business perspective
- What does telehealth compliance look like and how do professionals prepare for the inevitable withdrawal of OCR’s leniency enforcement period after COVID-19
- Billing compliance issues in a telehealth world
10:45 AM - 11:00 AMBreak
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMPerspectives of Compliance Officers: How to Thrive as a Compliance Officer Steven Guymon, Corporate Ethics and Compliance Officer, Eli Lilly and Company Jasmin French, Sr Mgr Ethics & Compliance, Cummins Inc. Clarice McCauley, Assistant General Counsel, Ethics & Compliance, Roche Diagnostics Corporation
- Discover diverse digital communications methods that "stick" among a workforce that is working remotely
- Understand the elements of a robust policy management system
- Hear approaches to evaluate your speak-up and non-retaliation cultures amidst the current climate of social injustice.
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMLunch Break
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMPharmacy Compliance Katea Ravega, Quarles & Brady
- Understanding the status of coronavirus-related pharmacy changes
- 340B Compliance Update and Hot Topics
- Pharmacy audit prep
- Controlled substances compliance
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMBreak
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMOIG Mandated Six-Year Look Back Audits James Rose, Managing Director, SunHawk Consulting LLC Chad Eckhardt, Partner and Chair - Healthcare Innovation Team, Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Use of Statistical Sampling and Extrapolation
- Recent Updates and Perspectives
- Drivers of Efficient and Diligent Analysis
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMBreak
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMMeasuring the Effectiveness of a Compliance Program Using the DOJ Guidance Joseph Zielinski, Senior Counsel, Wooden McLaughlin llp
- How to analyze the three "fundamental questions" that pursuant to Department of Justice guidance should be asked to determine the effectiveness of a compliance program
- How to apply and reference other compliance guidance to the Department of Justice’s three "fundamental questions"
- How to assess the effectiveness of a compliance program using the DOJ’s guidance, which specifically calls out various elements associated with a compliance program and what questions to ask to assess these elements (tool provided to assist in this assessment)