Friday, October 4
07:00 AM - 07:55 AMRegistration and Continental Breakfast
07:55 AM - 08:00 AMWelcome and Announcements Victoria Alberti, Dir Corp Compliance, Heritage Valley Hlth System Welcome to our Pittsburgh Regional Conference.
All session will take place in the same room. You will have a few short breaks to visit with exhibitors and a networking lunch.
Continuing Education can be obtained by filling out the CEU application form after you have attended the event.
Please take some time to fill out the evaluation survey for each session, located at the bottom of the session descriptions in the mobile app.
If you are choosing to take notes in the mobile app on the presentations you can email those notes to yourself after the conference by click on the "My Notes" Button at the bottom of the app and then click on the "Email Notes" Button at the top right.
08:00 AM - 09:00 AMA USAO Perspective: The Compliance and Legal Climate for Healthcare in 2019 Robert Cessar, Assistant US Attorney, Western District of PA, US Attorney's Office - Trends and Patterns in Healthcare
- Highlights from Current Year
- Advice: What to Monitor, When to Call
09:00 AM - 09:15 AMBreak For each exhibitor you connect with during conference, you will be given a ticket. Print your name on your tickets collected and drop them off at HCCAs Registration Desk during the last break of the day. The more tickets you collect and enter, the better your chances of winning! Winners will be announced at the beginning of the last session. You must be present to win. No purchase necessary
09:15 AM - 10:15 AM20 Years as a Compliance Professional: Hard Lessons Learned & Ideas for Improvement Kenneth Zeko, Principal Advisor, Hall Render Advisory Services - Sharing lessons from 60+ Compliance Program Assessments
- The importance of the Three Lines of Defense and Compliance Programs
- Thriving vs. Surviving as a Compliance Officer/ Department
10:15 AM - 10:30 AMBreak
10:30 AM - 11:30 AMPractical Design Approaches and Elements for Compliant Compensation Arrangements Randy Biernat, Partner, BKD, LLP - Explore threshold data and internal control needs for effective plan design
- Hear strategies for aligning work effort with compensation terms
- Learn gap analysis techniques between cost and value in payments to physicians
- Discover effective uses for compensation limiters
11:30 AM - 12:15 PMNetworking Lunch
12:15 PM - 01:15 PMPay for Performance - Compliance Pitfalls and Opportunities Barbara Vimont, Director, Compliance and Privacy , Akron Children's Hospital Mark Faccenda, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright Tina Batra Hershey, Assistant Professor, Health Policy & Management, University of Pittsburgh - What is Pay for Performance now and how has it changed
- What are the critical areas compliance professionals should know and monitor
- How can compliance professionals assist providers in complying
01:15 PM - 01:30 PMBreak
01:30 PM - 02:15 PMConflicts of Interest: Best Practices for Disclosure, Validation, and Development of Mitigation Plans F. Lisa Murtha, Senior Managing Director, Ankura Consulting, Inc. - Learn best COI practices for small and large organizations
- Explore methods to validate the accuracy of disclosures
- Understand potential impacts to the provision of care and how to develop effective mitigation plan
02:15 PM - 02:30 PMBreak
02:30 PM - 03:30 PMCompliance in the Post-Acute World Marisol Valentin, Compliance, Integrity and Risk Officer, Pittsburgh Mercy Health System Janet Feldkamp, Nurse Attorney, Benesch, Friedlander, Coplan & Aronoff - Overview of Regulatory Changes for Post-Acute Healthcare Services - skilled nursing facilities, home health companies, hospice agencies and behavioral health
- High Risk Areas for internal and external auditing and monitoring plans
- Tips and Lessons Learned from the field
03:30 PM - 03:45 PMBreak
03:45 PM - 04:45 PMLegislative Update Tracy Lawless , Government Affairs Advisor , K&L Gates LLP Karishma Shah Page, Partner, K&L Gates LLP - Hear an update on current federal legislative and regulatory activity
- Learn the latest on the impact on Compliance of the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act
- Learn the impact of current and potential legislation and regulatory activity on Compliance
- Stay up to date on advocacy initiatives related to Compliance
04:45 PM - 04:50 PMClosing Remarks
04:50 PM - 04:55 PMOverall Evaluation
Agenda subject to change.