2021 Compliance Institute - Call For Speakers
Stand out as a leading industry expert at the largest, most comprehensive healthcare compliance conference. Submit a proposal to speak at the 2021 Compliance Institute.
Submissions will be accepted between Tuesday, September 1 – Wednesday, September 30, 2020. All submissions must be completed by September 30, 2020. Late submissions and applications not submitted through the online form will not be considered.
Auditing & Monitoring
Measuring effectiveness and improvements in compliance programs.
Legal topics related to compliance.
How to Succeed as a Compliance Professional
Session to help compliance professionals be more valuable in the workplace.
Sessions related to Payor and Insurance
Privacy and Security
How to integrate privacy and security issues into an overall compliance program.
Maintaining privacy regulations while providing quality patient care.
Discussion Group Topics
Meant for 1 speaker to help facilitate conversation on popular compliance issues rather than deliver a formal presentation.
Tools and techniques to aid professionals in their internal audit processes.
Topics related to large and small physician practices, medical centers, hospitals, and health systems.
Strategies and practical solutions to manage and mitigate risk in an organization.
Examples of real-life compliance problems and solutions
General Compliance/Hot Topics
Ranging from compliance basics to trending issues.
Strategies and resources pertaining to all aspects of the investigation process.
Issues pertaining to hospice, durable medical equipment and nursing care facilities.
Topics about technologies and tactics to deliver virtual medical, health, and education services.
- Session Track (Topic Category)
- Session Title
- Presenters and co-presenters: names, titles, organizations, and emails
- Biography of each presenter (no longer than 1 page each)
- Three learning objectives (limited to 100 characters each) for the session, each beginning with a verb. Learning objectives should describe what attendees will be able to accomplish after participating in the session. Examples of well written bullet points: “Associate specific aspects of culture that are important to compliance”; “Reach and persuade your workforce through outstanding training”; “List key factors driving AI in due diligence”; Differentiate between the three basic levels in an organization”; Apply the “Cognitive interview” technique in workplace investigations”; “Define the four steps in the organization strategic planning process”, “List the 7 elements of the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines”.
- Program level (Basic, Intermediate, Advance)
- Please select one primary category for each entry. You do not need to submit the same topic for multiple categories.
- Limit your submission to 3 speakers per topic category. Diverse perspectives amongst speakers (ie., consultants and clients presenting together, a variety of roles within an organization) is desired.
- Written materials or a PowerPoint presentation are mandatory for CLE accreditation. Selected speakers are required to prepare original written materials for conference attendees.
- All breakout sessions are 60 minutes; pre-conference and post conference sessions are 90 minutes. If you would like to be consider for a longer time slot (pre- or post-conference), please make sure to check the box when submitting your proposal.
- The selection committee may combine similar submissions or add a speaker to your session to maximize expertise and diversify backgrounds of speakers.
- Speaker Reimbursement Eligibility Policy
- Making training interactive: One Idea, by Joe Murphy
- Tips for Being Selected to Speak at HCCA/SCCE Conferences, by Adam Turteltaub
- How to Give a Bad Presentation at an HCCA or SCCE Conference, by Adam Turteltaub
- See past expert speakers talk about what makes a successful speaker and mistakes speakers make
Please email Catherine.Stollenwerk@corporatecompliance.org