Conference Technology Specialist
Job Title: Conference Technology Specialist
To apply, send resume to: Careers@corporatecompliance.org
FSLA Classification: Non- Exempt
Percentage of travel: 10%
This position is responsible planning, coordinating, and utilizing various technology systems used to deliver virtual, in-person, and hybrid conferences. This person will work closely with the conference planning team to understand the technology requirements for each event. Those requirements will then be used to provision the appropriate technology either through vendors or internal systems. Other activities include maintaining a mobile app (no programming), troubleshooting various conference technologies, assisting with integrations between related systems, coordination of video recording acquisitions and post-processing. In addition to ensuring a successful member experience from a technology perspective, this role will also function as a backup to the technology coordinator by maintaining events in the backend registration systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Gathers technology requirements and develops plan for each event, creating and following event checklist to ensure various systems/processed are configured properly for each event. Works with conference team and other internal team members to help ensure understanding of platform features and usability.
- Facilitate changes/modifications to mobile app with vendor and conference evaluation software.
- Work with conference platform providers on execution and troubleshooting.
- Assist with event setup / maintenance in backend systems.
- Coordinate video acquisition and publication of conference sessions.
- Work closely with other teams to integrate systems (api’s / interfaces) when feasible.
- Serves as main contact with 3rd party vendors for conference technologies including but not limited to mobile app, virtual event platforms and evaluation software.
- Stays current on compliance standards, disclosures and requirements for attendee PII information through event platforms.
- Reviews and evaluates new technologies for virtual and in-person conferences to enhance the attendee experience, providing recommendations to conference manage.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education: 2-year college or technical degree
Experience and/or Training
- Two-years’ experience in event planning, virtual meeting platforms, or multi-media production.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, set goals, work proactively and independently, problem solve, improvise and function as part of a team
- Troubleshoot various technologies which are supported but not widely used
- Ability to communicate with tact, integrity, and composure at all levels inside and outside our organization
- Understanding of PII, standards around protection of data
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- General understanding of website content management
- Good oral and written communication
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Technology/Equipment: Tech-savvy, broad range of technology including mobile device, basic networking, self-driven learner, willingness and aptitude to become an expert in niche technologies.
Education Bachelor’s degree
Experience and/or Training
- Four-Year experience in event planning, virtual meeting platforms, or conference technologies
- Experience working in a compliance or regulatory environment
- Basic video editing using Adobe Premiere
- Website content management using Drupal or similar content management system
- Experience with integrating applications via API’s or other methods
- Understanding of databases
- Experience with Salesforce a plus