Scottsdale Regional Conference
Friday, November 9, 2018
How to Deal Effectively With Recent Legal Developments
Frank Sheeder, Partner, Alston & Bird
- Regulatory and enforcement trends
- Challenges for compliance professionals
- Practical and effective approaches
Communicating with Regulators and Enforcement: Try an Open Dialogue
James Rough, CHC, CCEP, CFE, President, SunHawk Consulting, LLC.
Lon Leavitt, Assistant United States Attorney District of AZ., Affirmative Civil Enforcement Coordinator and the Civil Health Care Fraud Coordinator, District of AZ.
Christian Schrank, Special Agent in Charge, Los Angeles Region, Office of Inspector General, Health and Human Services, Office of Investigations
James Schwegel, Supervising Special Agent, Arizona Attorney General’s office
Vanessa Templeman, Deputy Inspector General, Office of Inspector General – Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
- Management know all too well the consequences of receiving regulatory inquiries, or worst, a subpoena can have on their reputation, bottom line, and their time.
- Learn the importance of building a good working relationship with government representatives.
- Learn the importance of accurate, timely, and complete disclosure when reporting or self-disclosing to government representatives.
Compliance Program Effectiveness in a Time of Healthcare Transformation
Jenny O’Brien, Chief Compliance Officer, UnitedHealthcare
- Keeping up with a moving target
- Finding the right formula
- Moving the meteor
Board Fiduciary Duty of Care and Individual Liability
Bob Rabecs, Partner, Husch Blackwell
- Responsibilities of healthcare governing Boards in overseeing an organization’s compliance program.
- DOJ’s Yates Memo outlines standards for holding individuals responsible for corporate misconduct.
- Recent enforcement actions and court decisions involving board member and manager liability.
The Pitfalls and Pleasures of Privacy
Shawn DeGroot, CHPC, CHRC, CCEP, President, Compliance Vitals
- Status of regulations
- Gaps to avoid
- Privacy effectiveness
To Infinity and Beyond! Banner’s Compliance Program
Kristina Corlette, Senior Director of Compliance, Banner Health
Amanda Cross, CHC, Senior Director of Compliance, Banner
- At the beginning: Banner Health Compliance program - circa 2008.
- Today: Banner Health’s current compliance program on its Provider side of the fence.
- Today: Banner Health’s current compliance program on its Payer side of the fence.