Louisville Regional Conference
Friday, November 4, 2016
Common Mistakes and Simple Correction from MAC’s perspective
Dr. Neil Sandler, Chief Medical Director, CGS-J15-Medicare, Kentucky & Ohio
- Universal documentation errors
- Medicare expectations
- The correction process
Brett Short, CHC, CHPC, Chief Compliance Officer, UK HealthCare / Univ of Kentucky
- Why does an “effective compliance program” matter?
- Plan for achieving an effective compliance program.
- How do we demonstrate?
OIG Board Guidance
Debbie Troklus, CCEP-F, CCEP-I, CHC-F, CHPC, CHRC, Managing Director, Aegis Compliance & Ethics Center LLP
- Discuss Board’s involvement in and responsibilities to the compliance program.
- Understanding of collaborative roles in an effective compliance program.
- Understanding of questions the Board should be asking the compliance officer.
Kentucky OIG Update
Sandra Houchen, OIG
Melanie Poynter, OIG
Dave McMahon, OIG
- Overview of the Office of Inspector General
- What to expect when we enter your facility
- Trends in healthcare
Medicare Access & CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) update
Trudi Matthews, Senior Policy Advisor, External Affairs \ Managing Director, Kentucky Regional Extension Center, UK HealthCare
- High-level understanding of changes in healthcare reimbursement policy
- Know the key elements of new payment models and the MACRA regulation
- Expand leadership capabilities related to value-based payment
Can We Keep a Secret? Protecting the Privilege and asserting Advice-of-Counsel in healthcare fraud investigations
Drew B. Howk, Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
- Dispelling myths and misconceptions regarding the Privilege and Advice-of-Counsel defense.
- Why privileged investigations are more critical now than ever before
- How providers and in-house counsel can best maintain and protect privileged investigations.
- How courts’ decisions under the FCA are shaping both the Attorney-Client Privilege and the Advice-of-Counsel defense.